Car park cleaning is different depending on the type of car park in question. The cleaning of a parking lot in a shopping center is not the same as that of a community of neighbors or a superficial one, but they all have common elements to respect. As in all spaces, we will differentiate between general maintenance and in-depth cleaning. At SCS Group Integrated Services we support maintenance through daily cleaning, but we also believe that thorough cleaning several times a year is necessary.
- 1 Surface car park cleaning
- 2 Cleaning of car parks in depth
Superficial car park cleaning
This cleaning would be equivalent to maintenance. With surface asphalt parking, we should do cleaning daily in the most accessible areas to prevent oil stains and leaves from concentrating. Pressurized water jets and road scrubbers could do this.
In a parking lot of a shopping center or public area with a lot of use, we must keep common areas such as elevators or bathrooms clean daily. A sweep and scrub do the trick. Trash cans are an element that is sometimes not considered despite their importance. People often throw organic garbage in them, which can leave bad smells in areas that rarely have good ventilation.
In the event of a grease stain, action must be taken immediately.
Deep car park cleaning
This type of cleaning requires following a series of steps:
- If it is in a community of neighbors: notify the cleaning so that all vehicles are will be removed from the garage.
If it is with a shopping center or other public establishment such as a hospital: do it when it is empty or close to the public.
- Hire a professional cleaning crew. Maintenance can be done by a normal service, but when you want to leave everything thoroughly clean, specialized machinery is needed.
- Clean all floors and ramps. It has to be swept first and then scrubbed with suitable products for the floor and with protection because there is little ventilation. Take special care to remove stains from grease and tire wheels.
- Cleaning of pipes, columns, ceilings, and barriers. A lot of dust accumulates between the pipes and at the base of the columns. The ceilings have a special difficulty.
- Cleaning of “common areas”. Stairs, bathrooms, and elevators enter here. They are areas that communicate with the car park and through which many people pass, spreading dirt through their shoes. Disinfecting them is important.
- If there is a cabin in the parking lot, it must also be tidied up and cleaned.
- I will dust the electrical signs and posters that have been placed inside the enclosure and form part of the guide.
- Barriers and ticket dispensing machines are part of the furniture of a car park. It is essential that they are clean. Disinfectant products must be used.
- Lighting should not be overlooked. Cleaning light bulbs and switches, and keeping their crystals, which must be kept spotless, is essential for good lighting.
Garage and Parking Lot Cleaning Services
We leave you an article where we talk about car park cleaning products in case you want to do it yourself. We also leave you our contact page in case you need an in-depth professional car park cleaning.