If you are facing anxiety disorder, be aware you are not alone! Anxiety comes in various forms and affects people differently. As per 2022 statistics, about 40 million adults in the US face anxiety disorders, making up about 18% of the population.
As a severe common health issue in the US, anxiety comes in different disorders, including social anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, and generalized anxiety disorder(GAD).
People facing anxiety disorders are well aware of their impacts on their quality of life. However, the good news is anxiety no matter how severe is treatable in every form.
What’s The Way Out To Deal With Anxiety Disorders?
Anxiety is treatable on various levels with different techniques, including psychotherapy, medication, aerobic exercises, and stress management techniques. There is not one definite technique to treat anxiety; you may have to combine multiple methods sometimes to manage symptoms and all fear.
A practical approach to dealing with anxiety includes self-help books introducing experiences, activities, and techniques that have worked well for other anxiety patients. Whether you choose any page or go chapter after chapter, self-help books are great for developing life-changing and challenging coping skills after anxiety.
These books are a great source to navigate bitter or harsh moments during your anxiety and sort them out no matter at what stage you are. So we have compiled a list of top anxiety disorder books to deal with your stress.
The Top 6 Best Books About Anxiety Disorders
These self-help books offer various constructive ways to manage anxiety symptoms from different viewpoints.
1. AT LAST, A LIFE
While enduring anxiety, long-term panic attacks, and stress make you feel lost control of your life decisions. It becomes hard to visualize a future free from fear. Thus, author PAu David came up with a book named “At Last A Life.”
The book revolves around the events happening and the storyline of his recovery from anxiety. He has included events that grew hope back into his life and encouraged others to regain their liveliness. The book is a mere combination of the author’s personal experiences and research based on anxiety.
- The book includes science-backed research and personal stories.
- The book has phenomenal reviews for changing the lives of people.
- It is slightly overpriced compared to other self-help books, but the price is worth it.
Anxiety may drain the patient’s energies and positive attitude toward life. Author Barry McDonagh has launched a book, “DARE,” which emphasizes the readers to dare anxiety to get to its worst.
The book can potentially treat anxiety patients with the power of words. It focuses on facing your fears and anxious thoughts during anxiety, challenging them, and trying to ignore them instead of feeding into them.
McDonagh’s technique and approach in this book are solely based on scientific evidence and ten years of extensive research for helping people with anxiety.
- The book involves techniques driven by scientific evidence.
- The book uses cognitive behavioral theory( CBT) techniques to treat anxiety disorders.
- The self-help book offers an over-the-edge experience with an audiobook and free listening app for anxiety relief and relaxation.
3. DECLUTTER YOUR MIND
Anxiety may fill a patient’s mind with unnecessary, dark, and suicidal thoughts. Likewise, decluttering is vital for our household. It is essential as well in anxiety to cleanse your mind and lighten up your soul.
The book “DECLUTTER YOUR MIND” applies the same philosophy and technique to your mental space. The book’s purpose revolves around giving up on anxious and negative thoughts and putting valuable mindful ideas in your mind.
- The book helps in reframing negative thoughts and serving a tremendously positive, mindful attitude.
- Encourage people to live in the moment and control their thought processes instead of fearing what will happen next.
4. HARDCORE SELF-HELP: F**K ANXIETY
Anxiety hits every person differently if you are not affected by it conventionally and desire to hush it off. “HARDCORE SELF-HELP: F**K ANXIETY” is your deal, to give it a read!
The book defies the traditional reading approach of self-help books like a chore. Instead, the author, Robert Duff, focuses on humor, weaving swears, and candidly conveying the information to manage anxiety with actionable tips and techniques.
- The book has a sequel for depression disorders
- It’s entertaining, attention-grabbing, and fun to read
- It does not include a lengthy, in-depth explanation, stories, or logic.
5. THE ANXIETY AND PHOBIA WORKBOOK
Anxiety is like a long road without any end, so to deal with it, you have to understand when to put an end. Facing your anxiety requires courage, practical efforts, and proper guidance. “THE ANXIETY AND PHOBIA WORKBOOK” assist people with where to start.
This self-help workbook involves various options to learn practical tools and skills for managing anxiety. The book’s author is a cognitive behavioral therapist. Thus the workbook includes clinical research on anxiety disorders and their treatments.
- The book is revised and updated in 2020 for the latest research information
- Written by a clinical expert cognitive behavioral therapist
- The price is worth the experience.
6. THE ANTI-ANXIETY FOOD SOLUTION
Food is for life, and nothing is denying that! An unbalanced diet may lead to an imbalance in cholesterol levels, blood pressure, brain functioning, and severe health complications. Anxiety is another disorder in which appetite gets affected, thus impacting adversely on the human body inside and out.
The Book “THE ANTI-ANXIETY FOOD SOLUTION” revolves around the importance of and structured approach towards a balanced diet and lifestyle to face anxiety fears. It tells the importance of food to impact brain activities, hormone production, and vigorous activities.
- The book includes excellent tips on consuming nutritious food and reducing cravings.
- It offers lifestyle tips to reduce anxiety symptoms and take actionable steps to fight them.
- A nurse author writes the book.
What Are The Outcomes Of Anxiety Book Reading?
The United States has been massively hit by anxiety after the corona pandemic of 2020, leaving students concerned about poor academic performances, people going jobless, and business downsizing. These anxiety self-help books are an excellent source to help patients recover from the disorders constantly playing with their lives.
If you are one of the students whose academics are affected by anxiety, you cannot focus on your classes or exams. Take our professional online class help or take my teas exam services to get through this challenging phase of your life and start reliving it with a bright spirit.