Hyperthyroidism is a specific kind of thyroid condition in which the thyroid gland starts producing abnormally high levels of thyroid hormone. This can be harmful and may lead to several other health conditions. In this article, the major symptoms and causes of this health condition are mentioned.
Hyperthyroidism is known as one of the most serious thyroid conditions, in which, the thyroid production abnormally increases and starts causing several health issues. When the thyroid glands start getting overreactive and produce too much of thyroid hormones that hugely increase the metabolism of the body, then that particular condition is called hypothyroidism. This condition may turn serious if left untreated, however, several treatment options for hyperthyroidism are available now and certain medicines can help to manage this condition.
Hyperthyroidism can negatively impact your entire body and this is the reason why you must seek treatments before the condition gets serious. Although conditions like hyperthyroidism can nowadays be detected through the help of any Thyrocare test, it is necessary to have sound knowledge about the major symptoms and causes of this disease so that it becomes easier to assume its presence in the body. Some of the major symptoms and causes of hyperthyroidism are mentioned below.
Mentionable symptoms of hyperthyroidism
- Irregular heartbeat
- Boosted sensitivity to heat
- Unexplained weight loss
- Faster heartbeat
- Increased hunger
- Muscle weakness
- Goiter or enlarged thyroid gland
- Abnormal change in bowel pattern
- Abnormally rapid bowel movements
- Sleeping issues
- Abnormal changes in menstrual cycle
- Heart palpitations
- Hair loss
- Bulging of eyes
Major causes of hyperthyroidism
- Grave’s disease is a particular kind of autoimmune disease that can make the thyroid gland produce more thyroid hormones, which may lead to hyperthyroidism. Grave’s disease is known as one of the most common causes of this disease because this disease makes the natural immune system of our body attack the thyroid gland.
- When the thyroid gland of a human body gets inflamed then a specific kind of condition takes place, which is known as thyroiditis. It may sometimes be caused by any kind of autoimmune disorder. This particular condition causes the leakage of stored thyroid hormones in the bloodstream, which may be the reason for hyperthyroidism.
- Plummer’s disease is a particular type of hyperthyroidism that takes place when the thyroid adenoma starts making too much thyroid hormone.
These are some of the major symptoms and causes of hyperthyroidism that everyone must know about. As mentioned before, any test package that includes the facilities of thyroid tests can help you get the presence of thyroid abnormalities detected with complete accuracy. Currently, there are so many advanced pathology labs in the country that are providing the facilities of Thyroid tests for a very reasonable price.
Thyroid problems may give birth to other serious health conditions that may turn severe at the final stage. This is the prime reason why health conditions like hyperthyroidism should never be handled casually and one must seek medical attention immediately once the primary signs and symptoms of this condition start to get visible in the body. Nowadays, home sample collection facilities are also widely available, so you can easily get your thyroid test done without visiting any lab physically. Consult a genuine and reliable pathology lab today to check the Thyrocare test price listand choose the right package for yourself.