There are many reasons due to why you can face the issue of Gmail not receiving emails. Gmail is undoubtedly one of the best email domains. It is provided by Google which offers excellent internet-related services. Sometimes you are not able to rectify the issue until it’s too late and find Gmail stopped receiving emails. The issue can arise in any of your internet devices with a Gmail account. It can be very frustrating since all the official information is passed on through emails. There are work email chains and they can interrupt your online life if you stop receiving emails. Another factor can be that the Gmail server is down and there’s nothing you can do from your end. You can contact your local ISP regarding the issue in case of a network connectivity error. There can be some problems in the settings configuration. At times, you don’t receive emails due to filter settings. The system you’re running the application on might be faulty. The option of email forwarding can be on. Another cause can be that you are running your Gmail account with an incompatible browser.
Let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways to resolve the error of Gmail not receiving emails. You can follow the steps one by one and see what works.
Ways to fix Gmail not receiving emails:
- Before moving on to any other solution the first step is to try run an email test. Send an email to yourself from a different account and rectify the problem.
- Check your spam folder and rectify the settings. Sometimes the emails directly go to the spam folder instead of the primary inbox due to some filter settings.
- Click on the All mail option and check if you are receiving new emails.
- Your antivirus software deletes the emails automatically and therefore they go into the trash or you might have deleted them accidentally. Check your bin and move the emails to the inbox.
- Make sure your Gmail application and browser are updated.
- Log out of the Gmail account and restart your device then log on again after a few seconds.
- Uninstall the Gmail application and then install it again.
- Try running your Gmail app in a different browser.
- Lastly, check if your Gmail has enough storage.
In case you are logged out of your account for any reason and now Google is asking for verification, there are many ways through which you can verify your identity. Most of these ways are based on the pre-configured recovery option that you must have selected while setting up your account g.co/verifyaccount helps you with the recovery of your account or gaining access to your pre-existing email account.
Let’s have a look at the steps to complete Google account verification.
Steps to complete Gmail verification:
- Go to the Google account recovery page.
- Answer the security questions you must have selected while registering for the account.
- Use a familiar device and carefully complete the process.
- Be careful of upper case and small case letters while entering the password.
- Provide access to another email domain and device.
- Answer the security questions and you will be sent a verification code.
You can enter the verification code in your account and if the process is valid, you will be logged into your account. Or you can face any other Gmail issues like Gmail SMTP not Working and any others to resolve them you can contact Gmail live person.