If you are relating Goa with only beaches, churches, clubs, night outs and shopping then pardon me because you are completely wrong. Because Goa is more about scuba diving, snorkeling, diving, fishing and the Grand Island trip is the perfect destination for you to try all these fun and exciting activities with your family and friends.
The island is situated to the west of the beautiful Mormugao peninsula which is located in South Goa. To reach there, water transportation is the only way available. Grand Island is very much famous among scuba divers as the place is best for experts as well as for beginners too.
How to Reach Grand Island?
For a memorable boat trip to the Grand Island with your family and friends, travellers in Goa can go on a fun and exciting Grand Island day trip after reaching the Coco Jetty. On the boat ride to the exquisite Grand Island, visitors have a chance to spot a few dolphins in the sea to give a little treat to tourists’ eyes. Most trips to Grand Island Goa start at 8:30 am and continue till 4:00 pm.
Witness the beautiful sight of the amazing scenery and picturesque views and indulge yourself in some of the fun and exciting activities like snorkelling and fishing in the Arabian Sea. The best time to visit Grand Island is from November to March, this is the best time because at that time the waters are calm, neither too hot nor too cold and the weather is pleasant for sightseeing and picturesque views as well as for fun water sports.
Grand Island Goa:
- While on the Grand Island, you will witness some other activities like fishing gear along with the bait to have an enjoyable fishing experience in the mid sea.
- If you have a fearless persona then snorkelling is the one thing that’s definitely for you. You will be provided with the required equipment needed for snorkeling so that you experience the magnificent beauty of marine life and be a memorable one.
- The aroma and essence of barbequed fish and chicken along with the smell of veggie delights will welcome you on the beautiful Grand Island. Barbeque, rice, fish and other veg items will be available to you at the buffet.
- Your trip to the island will be a memorable one as you save some of your precious time and spend a few hours on the Arabian Sea which will leave you enthralled.
Island Trip Itinerary
- The package will include snorkeling and its equipment, buffet lunch ( both veg and non-veg) and fishing. Pick-drop and drop-off facility in the AC shared vehicle, sight-seeing, dolphin spotting, life jackets, snacks, mineral-water, beer and rum are included.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothes and strictly carry a swimsuit along with a towel and a camera to capture some of the picturesque pictures.
- Avoid carrying any valuable items like jewellery or any important documents. Also font carry much cash.
- The pick-up and drop facility will be provided for the hotels booked in Baga, Calangute, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim and Nerul Area only.
- If a vehicle is unable to reach your respective hotel because of narrow roads and uncertain weather then you will be picked from the nearest location.
- Keep the required stock of your medicines with you in case of any emergency and ready in case of sickness.
- Be alert and listen carefully while the instructions are being given in order to maintain your safety.
What to Expect?
- Remember to carry along a pair of swimwear and a pair of any comfortable clothing, jacket, hat and sunscreens to protect your skin.
- The pick-up and drop-off facility are to be included in your package, Pick up & Drop-off Facility Available from hotels booked only in Baga, Calangute, Nagoa, Arpora, Sinquerim, Candolim.
- Also some mouth watering snacks, drinks, fishing, snorkeling, barbecue and lunch with 3 beers will be included in your package.
- Extra and hard beverages and personal expenses are not included in this package.
- There are no changing rooms on the island. So carry along some long towels with you.
What things we can do on Grand Island?
Grand Island provides us several fun and exciting activities for one and everyone to participate in. Some of them are as follows:-
- Boat rides
- Barbeque lunch
- Dolphin watching tours
- Strolling on the beach
- Play Volleyball
- Group Games
- Angling or fishing